STPMD RCRDS B.V. (“STMPD”) only uses the personal details you enter on our website for the purpose you gave them for and for the services offered by STMPD.
How does STMPD use your personal details?
- Basic principles of STMPD with regard to data collection and privacy
- The information collected by STMPD
- How STMPD uses your details
- How STMPD shares your details
- The choices of visitors with regard to their own details
- How to contact STMPD about privacy issues
Basic principles of STMPD with regard to data collection and privacy
The information collected by STMPD
We collect details about you from various sources:
Information provided by you:
In order to visit the Website, you do not have to provide any personal data. However, certain Services require you to sign up for an STMPD account. If you sign up, you provide certain information to us:
- Essential information: If you sign up for one of the STMPD accounts, you have to provide your email address, your month and year of birth, and choose a password.
- Non-essential information: only if you wish to provide such information.
- Profile details: If you wish, you can provide additional information for your profile such as:
- your real name
- a username (this can be your real name or a pseudonym)
- your place and country of residence
- a profile picture, an image above your profile, or an avatar
- further information about your other websites and social media profiles, including links to these websites and profiles
These profile details are not mandatory, and all information you provide can be removed, edited, changed, or modified by yourself at any time. See the myprofile section for more information.
- Information from correspondence: If you contact us by email or use web forms on the Website, or if you contact us by post, fax or other offline channels, you provide certain personal details to us.
- Survey details: If you take part in a survey, you provide certain personal details as part of your response unless you respond anonymously.
- Details you place on the Website: You may provide personal details when you upload audio files to the Platform.
Data automatically collected by us
- the site you visited immediately prior to your visit to the Website
- the specific activities you undertake on the Platform, including the pages you visit, streaming, offline listening to or downloading of tracks, uploading or recording tracks, and linking your SoundCloud account
- the time, frequency, and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the type of device you use to access the Platform such as a PC or a mobile device, and the identification details of the device
- your location details (such as GPS) when you use the Platform
- information with regard to your interaction with email messages, for example, if you opened, clicked on or forwarded email messages.
How we use your details
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
The use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To manage and maintain your STPMD account and to grant you access to the website and allow you to use the Apps and Services you ask for from time to time. Your email address and password are used to recognise you when you register for the Platform. The identification details of your devices are used to guarantee that the devices that have access to your Subscription are managed by you.
- In order to recognise you as the creator of the audio files you upload, the comments your post and/or other contributions you make to the Platform.
- To ask you to participate in surveys, to conduct the surveys, and to analyse the results of the surveys if you decide to participate.
- To offer you technical support.
- To respond to a comment or question you submitted.
- To prevent activities or take action against the activities that violate or may violate our conditions of use, community guidelines, or the applicable legislation.
- We use your month and year of birth in order to apply age restrictions, if any.
- Your email address is used to send you service updates and account notifications, as well as any newsletters, marketing messages and certain email messages (if your account preferences are such that you have opted to receive them). For information about how to change your preferences and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email messages, please consult the Choices and Management section.
Improving and modifying the Platform:
- To analyse the use of the Platform and the people who visit the Website and use the Apps and Services, with the aim of improving STMPD and modifying the site in accordance with your needs and interests.
- To adjust the Platform and/or the content of email newsletters or other material we send you from time to time, in accordance with your needs and interests.
- For other purposes, on the condition that we notify you thereof in time and on the condition that you agree with the suggested use of your personal details.
Sharing your details
We will not share your details with third parties. However, on certain occasions, we may have to share some of the information we collect about you or which you submit to us. We will do so on the basis of the purposes set out above.
This applies to the following circumstances:
- Service providers: We use certain prominent third parties, some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area, in connection with certain specialist services and with regard to this Platform. These third parties have access to certain details about you, but only if these third parties need those details in order to provide us with their services. If we forward personal data to these third parties, we expect and demand that these third parties take appropriate organisational and technical security measures in order to protect personal data against unauthorised distribution and to only process the personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent that this is necessary for their service provision to us.
- As aggregated data: We may combine your personal data with similar data that relates to other users of the Platform in order to generate statistical data about the Platform and the use thereof, which we may subsequently publish or share with third parties. However, this information will not contain email addresses or other contact details or anything that can be used online or offline in order to personally identify you.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal details if we believe - in good faith - that we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, for example, following a court order, a summons or other legal request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your details if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our statutory rights and interests or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders and/or to guarantee the security and protection of the Platform and/or STMPD.
- Transfer: We are always permitted to transfer your details to persons or companies in the case of sale or bankruptcy, or to otherwise link them to various databases.
Cookies and similar technologies
In some cases, the advertisements shown originate from third parties. If you have agreed to this, third parties may use information about your visit and interaction with the Platform in order to show you personalised advertisements for products and services you may be interested in. Personal details such as your name or email address are not shared with these third parties.
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible with regard to the amount of information you disclose to us and the control you have over this information. You do not have to give us personal information in order to be able to visit the website, although certain data is collected automatically as soon as you visit our website (as described above). However, if you decide to create an STMPD account, you can manage your details as follows.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account at any time. You can do this on the Account page, under your Settings on the Website. Please bear in mind that when you delete your account, all details linked to your account, including the audio files you have uploaded and the user details related to these audio files will also be deleted and may not be recovered. Therefore, we recommend that you copy or back up all content you have uploaded to your account before deleting your account.
After you have deleted your STMPD account, your details may pop up in some search results on the Internet every now and then if the search engine has stored web pages in the temporary memory (the cache). STMPD has no control over search engines storing web pages and we can, therefore, not be held responsible for data that is stored by search engines after such data is deleted from the Platform.
Access to your details
As described above, most personal details and other information you provide to us via the Settings page of your account can be viewed and edited. If you want to have access to your personal details on our records, if you wish to change or delete them, or if you object to the processing of your personal details held by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or the address given below.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable term, but we may have to keep some of your personal data in order to fulfil our statutory obligations or because we have a legal reason for doing so.
International forwarding of data
Children under the age of 16 need to ask their parents/carers for permission
Individuals under the age of 16 cannot use the Platform and should not attempt to create an account or provide us with personal details without the permission of their parents/carers. We never intentionally collect personal details from individuals under the age of 16, nor do we allow them to create an account. If we find out that we have collected personal details from an individual under the age of 16 without the permission of their parents/carers, we will delete those details as soon as possible. If you suspect we may have collected such personal details, please let us know immediately by sending an email to email@example.com
What if you do not want to provide us with details?
If you do not want us to use your details in the way described in this policy, please stop using the Platform. If you have already created an account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have your details deleted.
By using the Platform, you give us permission:
- to make use of these cookies and other technologies;
If you do not consent to the use of these technologies, you should not use the Platforms of STPMD RCRDS B.V.
Cookies - general
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites you visit. These websites can read these text files and use them to recognise you when you return to one of the websites. Cookies are divided into so-called ‘permanent cookies’ and ‘session cookies’. Permanent cookies stay on your computer when you go offline, while session cookies are removed as soon as you close your browser. For more information about cookies, for example, how you can find out which cookies are enabled and how you can block and remove cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
STPMD RCRDS B.V. cookies
We use our own cookies to recognise you when you visit our website or when you use our other services. This means you do not have to log in every time you visit our website. We can remember your preferences and settings.
It concerns the following companies:
- Google Analytics is a service provided by Google Inc. ("Google").
We use the online Google AdWords advertisement programme, Google Remarketing technology, and Facebook Remarketing technology managed by Google Inc. ("Google") and Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”).
We think it is important for you to have control over the personal data collected with regard to your use of the Platform. That is why we ensured that you can opt out of the collecting of personal data via cookies or other technologies. Instructions on how to do this are given below (please note: you cannot opt out of the use of Flash cookies or local storage with HTML5 as they are required for the technical functioning of the platform. However, we do not use these technologies to collect personal data).
- For more information about cookies, for example, how you can find out which cookies are enabled and how you can block and remove cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
- If you wish to opt out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- If you wish to opt out of personalised advertisements supplied by the Google Content Network, please visit the Ads Preferences Manager of Google or, if you wish to opt out permanently, even if all cookies are removed from your browser, you can install their plugin here.
- If you do not want your location to be tracked when you use our apps, you can change it in the settings of your device.
- Our email newsletters contain an unsubscribe link. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking on the link in the newsletter.
Consent for cookies and similar technologies